Monday, 14 January 2013
Unstably Stable . .
So yesterday my energy levels were right up, today I'm not quite there. My pain is up today, I've needed quite a bit of pain relief and I'm still hurting. Blood has been draining into my bag from my belly and my blood pressure is high. Their not quite sure what is going on. One of my medications has been increased to try help with the bleeding, as for my blood pressure it's just a case of wait and see what happens. If it continues to rise Prof said it needs looking into. I've had bloods taken from my line for various things so just need to wait on results. Past couple of days my oxygen requirements have gone up, we're still waiting on the results to see if the secretions have shown anything. Prof mentioned home today, he said I'm stably unstable so home could still be an option. I'd need to come here twice a week to have a close eye kept on me. The team who look after me here haven't dealt with anybody as complex as me so struggle as to know what to do. They are learning from me. We've got to have another MDT meeting to discuss a few things with regards to home. Home oxygen might need to be considered and also pain relief. It's been mentioned about going back to theatre to have another look to see if anything else is happening that could be causing pain and bleeding. I'm going to rest a bit now so will update later if I get any results.