Translate

Wednesday 6 March 2013

Worth A Try . .

Things have been fairly stable for the past few weeks. I've had a few blips but overall I'm doing well. Mummy discussed with the doctor earlier things that will get mentioned in the doctors meeting tomorrow. Those things are my weight, un explained drops in my blood pressure and also a possibility of starting on some dioralyte into my jejunostomy to see what happens. Dioralyte is something we'd try first to see if I tolerate it and if I did then the next step would be milk feed! A few months ago when we tried this it wasn't successful. I was only having 2mls an hour but that 2mls caused my belly to go big and my losses from my stoma and gastrostomy to increase drastically. It's been 7 months since I had any type of oral feed so let's hope that after that amount of bowel rest things might just work?! It's always good to try again and not give up on things completely. Got to live in hope, hope that things may just start to work again.
My stoma nurse came to see us today, the skin around my stoma is really sore and broken down. We think I have turned sensitive to the adhesive in the bags for whatever reason so Helen has spoken to a nurse at the northern general and has ordered me some new things to try. We don't know why I turn sensitive to things I have used for some time but its just another one of those mysteries. Helen and mummy wrote down my prescription for my stoma supplies too so that it can start going through ready for when I go home.
I went in the snoozalin today with dizzy Lizzy and Charlotte, they're a right pair them two! Haha. They're my ladies though and I wouldn't have them any other way.
Bupa are delivering some of my home supplies tomorrow and then next week the Bupa nurse is coming to sign mummy off from more training. An MDT meeting is also being planned for either next week or week after. That's a meeting where all people involved in my cares get together and discuss future plans and any other things that need to be done. It is also to tie any loose strings on things that are being put in place to go home for home life.
Mummy said I've got a few visitors coming to see me over the next few days, I'm looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment